Affordable Log Homes For Residences, Cottages and Cabins from Vancouver Island BC
Imagine… your own beautiful, eco friendly, energy efficient, custom log home for about the same price as traditional frame construction.
Click any picture above to start a slide show Check out the Gallery page for more pictures!
What’s Unique About the EcoLog Concept ?
The secret of EcoLog homes lies in their simplicity and roots in pioneer construction techniques. The square timbers allow efficient production and construction and avoid many challenges faced by building with round logs. The resulting product is a traditional home, unpretentious and rustic, yet full of charm and appeal.
New: Single level bungalow/rancher style Ecolog Log Home Kits now available!
Come Visit our West Coast Show Home
We finished construction of our show home in Central Saanich near Victoria, BC. This page provides a short overview of the construction process, and contains pictures of this first west coast EcoLog Home. Check out our Media Kit page for recent articles in magazines and newspapers about Ecolog homes.
The EcoLog Advantage
EcoLog homes combine traditional construction and design techniques with modern applications, producing a home that will stand the test of time.
They represent a new style of log homes: EcoLog buildings are solid wood log homes, that differ from other log homes or timber frame structures in several ways:
- The solid walls are constructed from 8" square timbers, not round logs
- Square timbers are much easier to produce and work with... this makes EcoLog homes very affordable
- The "EcoLog Look" is derived from the combination of the alternating 2" insulation and 8" timbers, giving EcoLog buildings a very unique and attractive, natural appearance
- EcoLog home kits are available from Western Hemlock, Douglas Fir or Western Red Cedar. All our timbers are harvested from sustainable second growth forests on Vancouver Island.
- All our kits include our energy performance modeling service, to make sure that your home is as energy efficient as possible.
Check out our sample floor plans to find your dream log home design!